We are looking for 2 PhD students at the Department of Computer Science and Mathematics of the Eindhoven University of Technology. The candidates will work in the Security group on the SECREDAS project.
(The positions can be transformed in PostDoc positions if suitable candidates apply)
The high-level goal of SECREDAS is to propose a significant and innovative solution for Safety, Security and Privacy dedicated for automated systems. This solution will include a reference architecture, powerful components and common approaches regarding integration and verification for the sectors of automotive, health and rail for which the automation is major challenge regarding the safety of operation, the security of persons and the privacy of citizens. Thereby, it is essential to combine high security with privacy protection, while preserving safety and operational performance.
Within the SECREDAS project, one PhD student will focus on authorization solutions for IoT and data governance, whereas the goal of the other PhD student is to investigate solutions for increasing the security of in-vehicle communications by developing anomaly detection techniques capable of identifying deviations in device communication patterns.
An extensive project description is available on request.
- carry out research within the project, in cooperation with the other parties involved;
- develop and maintain the tools required by the project, in cooperation with the other parties involved;
- contribute to the writing of scientific papers;
- finish the PhD thesis within four years;
- contribute to the teaching activities of the Security group.
We are looking for a candidate who meets the following requirements: - an MSc in Computer Science, Mathematics or closely related field with above average results (applicants for a PostDoc position must have a PhD degree); - a research oriented attitude; - interest in computer security; - knowledge of Java; - knowledge of formal methods and computer networks is a plus; - good communicative skills in English, both written and oral; - ability to work in a team, collaborate with the industrial partners;
Conditions of employment
- full-time employment as a PhD-candidate for a period of 4 years;
- gross salary between € 2.222,00 per month (first year) and € 2.840,00 per month (last year);
- annually 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end of year allowance;
- support with your personal development and career planning including courses, summer schools, conference visits etc.;
- a broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, child care, moving expenses, savings schemes, coverage of costs of publishing the dissertation and excellent sports facilities).
Information and application
For more information about the project, please contact dr. N. Zannone (email@example.com) and dr. Jerry den Hartog (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For information about employment conditions please contact HR advisor TU/e, e-mail: email@example.com
The application should consist of the following parts:
- a motivation letter;
- a Curriculum Vitae;
- copies of your diplomas together with the list of grades, and other relevant certificates;
- names and addresses of two referees;
- proof of English language skills (if applicable).